How do you like to Play?
No matter who you are or what you like, there are enough fun activities for you to find one or two that you enjoy. Here’s a bit of a life hack; the types of activities we enjoy are usually linked to our temperament types. Yeah, I know, that’s one heck of a generalization, isn’t it? It may not always be true, but it sure is a step in the right direction to take if you just have no clue about what you enjoy doing!
Another great tip is to write a list of what isn’t fun for you. What better way to find what you enjoy than by crossing out a few things you do not enjoy?
The four temperament types are Sanguine, Choleric, Phlegmatic, and Melancholic. You can take a short test to determine your basic temperament type here (https://psychologia.co/four-temperaments-test/) or if you have the time, a fifteen minute test that shows you your blend of temperaments here (https://www.truity.com/test/type-finder-personality-test-new/). Note that no temperament is better than the other and personality tests are designed to help you get a better understanding of who you are, so try to answer the questions honestly.
Sanguines and Cholerics tend to be more social and extroverted. They enjoy being around others and are usually found outdoors . If either is your dominant trait, you might enjoy some of these:
Great ways to play outdoors
1. The beach: This is my ultimate fun thing to do, gosh! sun, sand, sea, and food! I bet when you hear “fun in the sun” you’re thinking about the beach. Take a trip to the beach with friends and family. Have a picnic, play in the water, play on the sand, ride a horse! Or just relax; find a shaded spot to lie back and enjoy the cool air and the sound of the waves. Bliss!!
2. Parks: Green, lush, grass. What a blessing! We have parks springing up everywhere now so take advantage and plan a picnic at the park. It’s a great opportunity to get some sun and exercise. I simply love people watching at parks. Fascinating!
3. Parties: Where would this list be without “owambes”? I love the fact that our party preps start weeks before, for those who can make the time, trips to the fabric store, tailor, jewelry store…. The time and money we spend!!! For those who take it all less seriously, the fun starts from getting glammed up to arriving with your crew, to dancing and finally, food!! Amala for starters, exotic local and continental dishes for main, sumptuous deserts for desert and small chops, dundun, dodo, kebabs for overeater bonus. Bring them on!!! The owambe fun is incomplete without the haters and gossips galore. I love my peeps ?
4. Carnivals: Carnivals are a colourful way to have fun! They are full of life, with music, costumes, and dancing. Being part of a carnival is even more fun than watching one. Well, that’s what I’m told ?
5. Amusement Parks: Amusement parks are not just for children. They are a great way to enjoy some time in the sun, go on exciting rides, and have a treat (cotton candy) anyone?
6. Fairs: Fairs come in different types, Knowledge Events & Summits, Trade Fairs, Food Fairs, Fashion Fairs etc. You can have fun and network at the same time. Do a little research, you’ll find a fair you’re interested in. Use the eventbrite link below.
The above are just a few things you can do outdoors for fun. Don’t feel limited to these options, go out and explore!
Melancholics and Phlegmatics tend to be more private and introverted. They enjoy being alone and usually are. Part of the key to having fun as an introvert is to understand the importance of being honest with yourself. This simply means you should check in with yourself to determine if you are actually having fun or keeping up appearances. That said, look through the list below for activities you can enjoy indoors, either alone, or with a few friends. If either is your dominant trait, you probably will really enjoy some of these:
Great ways to play indoors
1. Movies: You can go to the cinema, or watch a movie at home. Either way, it’s a magical hour or two, where no one is talking to you, while you are transported into far-away exciting new worlds!
2. Reading: Pick up a new book, or an old book. Fiction or nonfiction. Whatever your choice, let your imagination run wild as you go through the fictional stories, train your brain through the best personal development authors. Readers are indeed Leaders!!!
3. Working out: Go to the gym, join a dance, aerobics or HIIT class, go brisk walking or running with pods in your ears, and the wind beneath your wings; go for it!!!….. burn some calories! Fun fitness is a wonderful way to kill two birds with one stone.
4. Museum, Gallery or Library: The museum or library gives a chance to have fun while learning. I’ve always enjoyed watching history, not reading it in long, tedious pages; so I get my history lessons from museums and galleries. The library is one of the best places on earth, you get the energy of people with the serenity of solitude. Haaa!!!!
5. Mixed entertainment Spaces: Like coffee and music? Or coffee and reading? Or Coffee and music and reading! You know what I mean ??
6. Volunteer to help others: Being helpful is fun too! There are so many orphanages, charities, hospitals and prisons waiting for you to visit. The spiritual upliftment from helping and giving joy, without asking for anything in return is priceless!
These are just a few ideas to help get you started as you find the things you truly love and enjoy doing. Hope you found them useful. Drop a comment and let me know.
Do you have something you like to do that most people don’t realize is fun? Drop a comment below and let’s all explore new, fun activities together.